Here’s what’s going on:
1. Although this blog has been quiet as of late, I’ve not been starving. Or not browsing internet forever (especially if you check my Pinterest food board).
2. I thought February was a hard month. March is a little harder food-wise because omg it’s one more month of root vegetables and where are the strawberries and why isn’t anything growing (at least in my garden).
3. Most of the time I have been eating straight from the pantry, which makes it difficult to make up recipes here, because I can’t find a good substitute for pickled peppers or green chile sauce. I can try, though, but it takes time and some testing.
4. Here’s what I have planned, recipe-wise: turnip chowder, cuban black beans and rice, sesame kale, sweet potato almond quinoa casserole (assuming there is any left over to photograph), and my version of chickpea salad.
5. I need a Locopops badly. From their last newsletter: cardomom latte, black cow (chocolate and root beer), bay leaf creme brulee, and malted milkball crunch.
6. If you’re reading this, thanks for being patient! Now go have your slice of pie… (the above is mexican chocolate with a chocolate graham cracker crust. le sigh…)