These are originally from Leslie Friend, but I’ve tweaked it to include local ingredients around here. I prefer yellow summer squash or the bicolored zucchini (green-yellow) because they are a bit sweeter than your normal green zucchini.
- 3-4 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, grated (Brinkley Farm)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- *wedge of Chapel Hill Creamery Asiago (or Parmesan. or Swiss. Or a combination).
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced (Brinkley Farm)
- bunch of cutting celery (Catbriar Farm) or parsley (Tiny Farm)
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced or microplaned
- 4 tb flour (gluten free flour also works well here)
- salt and pepper
*choose your size! It never hurts to have too much or too little cheese 😀
Mix all and fry in a skillet, preferably cast-iron, until both sides are a nice brown. Serve with salad or pickles. If your pancakes fall apart, try adding more flour and a tiny bit of milk.