I used to eat lots of Korean BBQ (bulgogi) when I was younger. Since I don’t eat meat, I haven’t had it in a while, but the sauce can be modified easily for non-meat protein sources.
I usually make the BBQ sauce by sight so these are approximate measurements. Feel free to play around with the recipe. The longer you marinate, the better it will taste.
Korean BBQ tempeh
- 4 TB soy sauce
- 1 TB sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 sweet onion, sliced into half-moons
- 1 package tempeh, cut into 1″ slices
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 TB roasted sesame seeds
- Mix all and let rest for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- When ready, add some sesame oil to a pan and heat on med-high. Add the tempeh mixture and cook until all sides are seared/browned.